About the job
The Technical Field Officer is responsible for ensuring that the specified crops are grown in accordance with protocols set by Imagination Farms and the implementation of practices which achieve high levels of productivity.
The Technical Field Officer will primarily focus on:
- Identifying and implementing appropriate extension teaching method on agriculture and climate change adaptation techniques
- Enforcing farmers’ adherence to food safety management systems
- Collecting data from farms
- Researching and strategizing sustainable farming methods
- Develop the capacity of farmers to adopt and implement better practices through exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes
- Assisting farmers with decision making
- Highlighting innovations in inputs and farming techniques
- Identifying training and development needs
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on activities progress
In order to perform these duties to the highest level the ideal candidate will possess:
- Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture
- Knowledge of Jamaica Agricultural Sector
- Experience in Agricultural extension.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in related field.